Thursday, October 14, 2004

Keep your sympathy for yourselves, losers

The myth that Bush squandered world sympathy after the 9/11 attack is absurd. The world was prepared to be sympathetic toward an unjustly victimized and frightened America, but never an angry America out for justice. If Clinton, Gore, or Kerry had been President and set out to fight an effective war on terrorism the response from the world, and Europe in particular, would have been the same. They are a bunch of self-important, carping wimps. They don't care about what happens to America unless it hurts them as well, and even then their hatred for America wins over their own self-interest.

I'm not as interested in America getting sympathy from allies as I am in America being feared by enemies. I'm not as interested in being popular in Europe as I am in protecting my family and country from murdering scum. I get this exact same sense from Bush and his supporters. I do not get this same sense from Kerry and his supporters. Next to this gaping discrepancy, most other issues aren't of much consequence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home