Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Don't be a victim

Okay, I'm not one to blame the victims of crimes, but from this point on can we just maybe say if you are a civilian in Iraq, "GET THE HELL OUT FOR GOD'S SAKE!" Offer me a million bucks a year to work in Iraq and watch me turn it down. It isn't worth having your damn head cut off. Put me in with a group of soldiers. Give me a uniform. Give me a rifle. But bet your ass I'm not going to be there as a civilian. I'm terribly sorry for the great Americans who have died, and my sympathies go out to their families. But at this point, any civilian in Iraq has to know the risks, and I have to assume that by choosing to stay there they accept that risk. A British civilian being held now is pleading with PM Blair to give the terrorists what they want to save his life. I'm terribly sorry for this but no dice. Of course you can ask, but don't expect your government to compromise itself when you know the risks involved in what you do.

Besides, the terrorists are asking us to release women being held captive. Apparently the only two women we are holding are both WMD experts, so the terrorists are just showing again that they are murderers. Anyone who would not condemn the murderous acts of decapitation we are seeing is a terrorist by default and worthy of prosecution and/or execution. If this means we bomb some Imam in Jordan, so be it. We should demand the arrest and extradition of religious leaders worldwide that promote violence towards America/Americans. Any nation that refuses extradition should lose all ties with America and be subject to sanctions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home