Friday, August 27, 2004

Reparations for slavery

Reparations for slavery is a great idea. All slaves should step forward and get a big fat check. If you weren't a slave, shut up and get a job. Alan Keyes, a Republican, wants two generations of blacks to be exempted from paying income taxes. Does that include recent African immigrants? They're "African Americans", too. And how about my wife from Taiwan. Should she and other first generation, non-African immigrants have to pay more taxes to pick up the tab for something their families were never even part of? I know, I know, "America owes them a debt." Life sucks, and blacks aren't the only ones who've ever had it rough. To be honest I think we should all consider ourselves privileged to live here, and feel that I don't owe any minority anything other than the same respect I'd give to any American. Under Alan's plan, Oprah Winfrey and Michael Jordan wouldn't pay any taxes. Finally, I've actually nearly been denied a job (someone else quit, so I got hired) that I was more qualified for, because the other person up for the job was a black woman. That's that little thing we call "bullshit". And, by all means, take some advice from Bill Cosby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home